14 Feb 2016

Pizzoli.

I thought that I should definitely rebuild my blog on the behalf of my Erasmus year in Italy. Even though I've been there already for 5 months, there are still some months to go, hence there is still time to share my thoughts!

So where the hell am I?
I live in a small town called Pizzoli and I study in L'Aquila in the region Abruzzo. You may have heard about a huge earthquake that happened in 2009 and destroyed a vast area of the nearby cities and towns. Despite 7 years, the city is not yet recovered nor repaired and the money established for the repairs are nowhere to find due to the mafia and the typical "politics" issues.

What am I doing here?

As you know I study. I study Mathematical Engineering in Czech Republic and so it is similar in here. Differential equations, functional analysis and some Fluid Dynamics or Mechanics.

How long am I staying?
I came here in September 2015 and I should be coming back during July (hopefully in June:)).

Did I know Italian before I came here?
Like "Ciao", "Come stai?", "Pizza, pasta, presto!" and maybe counting to ten. I am sloooowly learning how to speak, but it ain't easy as I am not used to learning another language for a long time!

You can soon await my comments about the living and even the struggles we have to deal with during our stay. Not to be too critical, I will also add some positive things:)

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment